[Interest] Kicking out QtScript completely

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com
Tue Mar 17 16:42:30 CET 2015

I'm not really involved in the development here, but my understanding is that QJSEngine should cover most the use cases of QtScript, indeed.

> Currently it lacks the most basic features, not even print() or
> console.log() is available, see [2].

This is trivial to add back yourself though by adding your own print / console object to the engine context. We did so when moving the Qt Installer Framework from QtScript to QtQmlEngine ... Somewhat more interesting was the implementation of the dynamic lookup of objects by their object name, but in the end we managed without breaking any script.

Regards

Kai