[Interest] Using Qt internals, linker errors

Thomas Sevaldrud thomas at silentwings.no
Wed Mar 18 11:59:25 CET 2015

Hi, I am trying to use QSGDistanceFieldGlyphNode from the quick-private
module. I have

QT += qml quick widgets quick-private gui-private core-private qml-private

in my .pro-file, and everything compiles, but during linking I get
unresolved symbols related to the QSGDistanceFieldGlyphNode class

shapedtextitem.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall QSGDistanceFieldGlyphNode::QSGDistanceFieldGlyphNode(class
QSGRenderContext *)"
(??0QSGDistanceFieldGlyphNode@@QAE at PAVQSGRenderContext@@@Z)
referenced in function "protected: virtual class QSGNode * __thiscall
ShapedTextItem::updatePaintNode(class QSGNode *,struct
QQuickItem::UpdatePaintNodeData *)" (?updatePaintNode at ShapedTextItem
@@MAEPAVQSGNode@@PAV2 at PAUUpdatePaintNodeData@QQuickItem@@@Z)

Do i need to link specifically to some library, or am I missing some
modules here?