[Interest] Qt 5 uses some fall-back X11 mouse cursors instead of the themed ones

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 14:36:54 CET 2015

I'm basically inquiring on whether this is a known problem or not. Some
cursors, most notably the one you get when hovering over a link, is not
taken from the currently selected mouse cursor theme. Instead, I get the
X11 default black one.

If I go to the KDE (4.14.3) system settings and re-apply the cursor
theme while the Qt5 app is still running, then it will switch to that
and use the correct cursor. Until the application is restarted though.
After that, it forgets again and I'm back the X11 default black cursor.

This happens in all Qt5 applications.

The XCURSOR_THEME env variable is correct ("Vanilla-DMZ").
/usr/share/cursors/xorg-x11/default is a symlink to
/usr/share/cursors/xorg-x11/Vanilla-DMZ.

I'm using Qt 5.4.1.