[Interest] QTDbus, Connman & Parameters conversion

Blasche Alexander alexander.blasche at theqtcompany.com
Mon Mar 23 07:50:11 CET 2015

>I have been looking in a way to provide with my app some wifi connection manager which would
>allow the following functionality :
>F1 - Enable/disable wifi adapters
>F2 - List wifi networks
>F3 - connect to a network specifying the Wifi Key

>That Api allows me to list networks properly (F2), but i didn't find a proper way to do F1 & F3. Did I overlook something ?

Start and stop is provided via QNetworkSession.

https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.4/qnetworksession.html

QNetworkConfirgurationManager hands out the QNetworkConfigurations and QNetworkSession's are created based on those QNetworkConfigurations.

This should cover F1. I don't quite see where the difference is between F1 and F3. Isn't the difference just iteration over all wlan network configurations and then stopping/starting the one with your particular interest?

It is doesn't work then there might be a bug or a connman version issue. Connman did change its API and those latests changes can only be found in Qt 5.4 or later.

--
Alex