[Interest] Need help in generating ActiveQt Libraries...

Kammar, Mahesh Mahesh.Kammar at philips.com
Fri Mar 20 12:30:42 CET 2015

Hi All,

I am new to Qt, am trying to use SetControl of QAxWidget class to host some Wpf control in Qt which is exported as COM.

I am getting the following linking error, understand that I need to provide ActiveQt library, but am not able to generate one I do not find QAxBase.lib file or any other ActiveQt libraries.

I really don't know how to change this QTDIR path to generate ActiveQt libraries, please help. It is not clear to me what to do when I refer it in
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/activeqt-index.html#activeqt-framework

mainwindow.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall QAxBase::setControl(class QString const &)" (?setControl at QAxBase@@QAE_NABVQString@@@Z) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall MainWindow::on_pushButton_clicked(void)" (?on_pushButton_clicked at MainWindow@@AAEXXZ)
mainwindow.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall QAxWidget::QAxWidget(struct IUnknown *,class QWidget *,class QFlags<enum Qt::WindowType>)" (??0QAxWidget@@QAE at PAUIUnknown@@PAVQWidget@@V?$QFlags at W4WindowType@Qt@@@@@Z) referenced in function "private: void __thiscall MainWindow::on_pushButton_clicked(void)" (?on_pushButton_clicked at MainWindow@@AAEXXZ)
debug\QtWinApp32bit.exe:-1: error: LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Here is my simple code:

QAxWidget *axObj = new QAxWidget(0,0);
axObj->setControl(QString::fromUtf8("{BF71CE63-0A2E-419D-B7DE-BBBB41BE2CE6}"));

Thanks in Advance....

Warm Regards,
Mahesh Kammar