[Interest] WebEngine vs Webkit

Jason Kretzer Jason at gocodigo.com
Mon Mar 23 14:14:34 CET 2015

Good day everyone!

I am looking at converting an application that uses webkit to using the
new webengine stuff.  I have run into a few things that I was not
expecting, including issues with working with setZoomFactor not acting in
the exact same way, but I was able to work through that.  I was wondering
if anyone else was running into any ³gotchas² in doing the same thing?  I
mean, I have html that I am rendering in webkit just fine, but when I run
it with the WebEngine, I get errors like:

[0319/180657:ERROR:texture_manager.cc(1561)]
[.RenderCompositor-0119FCC0]GL ERROR :GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY : glTexImage2D: <-
error from previous GL command

I mean it is the exact same code except for some of the webengine specific
stuff.

    QWebEngineSettings *defaultsetting =
QWebEngineSettings::globalSettings();

defaultsetting->setAttribute(QWebEngineSettings::ScrollAnimatorEnabled,fals
e);
    mWidget = new QWebEngineView(this);
    mWidget->setGeometry(0, 0, width(), height());
    mWidget->load(url);
    mWidget->show();

In this code, the url is just html being returned by a local web server ‹
http://localhost/someHtml/index.html.

Thoughts?

   Jason R. Kretzer
   Lead Application Developer