[Interest] Building qt 5.5 for iOS from source

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Mon Mar 23 15:50:39 CET 2015

I'm building 5.5 from git for iOS with a script that does the following
after the initial checkout:

qtrepotools/bin/qt5_tool -u -c
perl init-repository --no-webkit
./configure -opensource -confirm-license -xplatform macx-ios-clang
-nomake tests -nomake examples -skip qttranslations -skip qtwebkit -skip
qtserialport -skip qtwebkit-examples -skip qt3d -skip qtsystems -skip
qtfeedback -skip qtpim -skip qtwayland -skip qtdocgallery -skip
qtenginio -no-warnings-are-errors -prefix /Users/harri/qt5.5_hp_ios -release

make -k -j 7
make -k install

If I want also the debug build available at ~/qt5.5_hp_ios can I just do
configure with -debug at the end, an then just
make && make install?

I'm assuming that the debug and release build objects and libs don't
overlap during the build, nor during the install, is this correct?

What is the configure line used for the official packages?  My skips
above were based somewhat on trial and error and
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git does not seem to cover
iOS.  http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/building-from-source-ios.html is somewhat
incomplete.

I'll follow up with another mail on a more specific issue I'm having.

Thanks,

Harri