[Interest] Qt 5.5 and Red Hat 5

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 19:28:10 CET 2015

On 23/03/15 16:10, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Monday 23 March 2015 14:18:34 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

>>> The C++11 situation is dictated by the compiler you choose to use for your
>>> application.
>>
>> Not the library?
>
> What library?
>
> If you're talking about Qt, no, Qt does not force you to choose to use C++11
> or not. You choose and Qt will adapt.
>
> If you're talking about some other library, I can't give you advice.

I mean the standard C++ library. In this case, it's implemented by
libstdc++.

The RH dev toolset comes with a more recent GCC version compared to
vanilla RHEL, but does it also include a newer libstdc++? (Compiler and
standard library need to work in tandem, so one would assume yes?)

There's ABI differences between libstdc++ versions when using C++11, so
one has to wonder what happens when using C++11 in Qt (which was built
with the RH dev toolset) and then the resulting application is used on
vanilla RHEL without the toolset...