[Interest] QML Camera has flash?

Lopes Yoann Yoann.Lopes at theqtcompany.com
Mon Mar 30 14:34:49 CEST 2015

On 27 Mar 2015, at 16:15, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com<mailto:jhihn at gmx.com>> wrote:

How can I detect if the flash is even present? I have a logic path way that wants to collect non-flash and if present a flash image:

collectNonFlash()
if (camera.hasFlash)  // - I wish this property existed.
collectFlash()

However I don't see anything in QML that allows me to see if the flash is there or not.

There’s currently no QML API to query flash capabilities. You can however use the C++ API: QCameraExposure::isFlashModeSupported(). Testing for FlashOn is enough to tell if the camera has a flash. Note that the flash APIs are currently not implemented on iOS, so it will always return false.

And, as a fall-back, if I can't detect it, I at least need to get the platform (iOS-iPad-model, Android-Nexus-9, etc) so that I can maintain a capabilities table. How can QML do that?

AFAIK, you can only know the OS using ‘Qt.platform.os’

—
Yoann