[Interest] QtCreator and unit testing with Catch

charleyb123 . charleyb123 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 21:15:50 CEST 2015

Hi, Preet--

I haven't tried it in QtCreator, but I just started using Catch several
weeks ago -- WOW it's awesome.

For the casual reader, it's C++ header-only (uses advanced C++11 template
features in its implementation), and allows for "Behavior Driven Design"
(BDD) in defining the tests.  It's impressively surprisingly expressive,
and every character you type has value (either as message/spec, as tag, or
as logic).

When you bundle that with CMake (and CTest), which we've also started using
-- Wow, this is the first time I've actually had fully automated tests.

I'm a huge gtest fan, but all my new stuff is in Catch, and the CTest
command-line runner is nice, but I'd *love* a QtCreator plugin runner.

Other Catch users out there?

--charley