[Interest] dealing with high-DPI on Windows

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Mon May 4 10:02:10 CEST 2015

Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with high-DPI environments
in Qt on Windows? Does Qt have anything built-in which helps?

On Mac we drop in @2x images, enable Qt::AA_UseHighDpiPixmaps and life
is mostly good. But I don't think this happens on Windows (and usually
devicePixelRatio is < 2 anyway), so do I need to do inspect the screen
resolution and do this load different images manually? And make sure I
handle the application being dragged to a different screen etc?

Hamish