[Interest] Qt XML patterns

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at theqtcompany.com
Fri May 8 14:32:43 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I’ve just looked a bit at the QtXmlPatterns module. The module has a few
issues and is not actively maintained. I wonder if it should see improvements
or if there are good alternatives which might be more spec compliant which
people end up using. One option in the long term might be to wrap some other
library instead of trying to do our own.

I’m interested in usage of it - please let me know if you do use it or if you
ended up using alternative libraries. I’m also interested in which parts,
since the module supports XPath, XQuery, XSLT and XML Schema validation.

Greetings,
Frederik

Please not that this question is unrelated to the XML classes in QtBase (sax,
stream-reader/writer, dom).