[Interest] fonts & the Assistant (spin-off from cross-language matching of QStrings: partial success only?)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:03:45 CEST 2015

Hi,

I was trying some more fonts/weights/styles when writing my earlier messages in the other thread, using the Qt Assistant as a sample application.
It turns out that even in an English locale it fails to restore a common font like Segoe UI Semibold properly, and even when you select Segoe UI Regular, the preferences dialog will have an empty weight dropbox when you reopen it. (And this is without restarting the application, so the QFont used internally will be the correct/intended font when you reopen the prefs dialog).

I realise that the font selection UI resembles the one used in Qt4's qtconfig utility, and if so, that means it duplicates most of the font matching logic.
Shouldn't it simply use the standard font selection dialog ... and should I file a bug report for that?

R.