[Interest] No network reply received in WinRT after calling QNetworkAccessManager::post

Rogerio Nicolau r.nicolau at learningclip.co.uk
Tue May 12 11:05:27 CEST 2015

Hi

I'm using Qt 5.4.1 and have an App which runs fine on all the other
platforms except on winrt where after a QNetworkAccessManager::post, the
QNetworkAccessManager::finished signal never gets triggered. The post is
just an http message and I can see that the server receives and responds
to the post.
So the call to post is working fine but no timeout is triggered and the
finished signal is never emitted so the app just sits and waits for the
reply.

The only clue that I can see are some error messages in the debug output
indicating exceptions being thrown by the windows libraries:

First-chance exception at 0x00007FF9A3578B9C (KernelBase.dll) in
app.exe: 0x40080202: WinRT transform error (parameters:
0x000000008000000B, 0x0000000080070490, 0x0000000000000014,
0x0000001CD208EF00)

If I enable breaking on exceptions I can trace these back to this
method/line
QEventDispatcherWinRTPrivate::fetchCoreDispatcher()
{
hr = view2->get_Dispatcher(&coreDispatcher);
}
where coreDispatcher is a ComPtr object.

I get a couple of these exceptions before the call to post and then at
least one after, so there may be other things that have been affected.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Thanks.