[Interest] Cross-platform font normalization best practice

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Tue May 12 20:39:47 CEST 2015

On 5/12/2015 11:08 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Tuesday May 12 2015 10:00:06 Bob Hood wrote:
>
>>   2. Add platform-aware code to the C++ file that manually changes the font
>> for each UI component under OS X builds.
> I think that's the safest option(*)...

Indeed.  This is the option I'm moving forward with, unless somebody else has
a more elegant solution.

Knowing that the fonts are sufficiently different across platforms (and
consequently mess up the visual aesthetic of the interface), I would think
adding something to the UI file format to address it (e.g., "<platform
id='Q_OS_WIN'>" embedded under the "<font>" tag?) would be the most elegant
approach.

Thanks, René.