[Interest] Google Play 60-day deadline for resolving OpenSSL vulnerabilities

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Fri May 15 19:29:43 CEST 2015

Oops, Sorry.

The message replies boundaries were not that clear.

Nuno, do you have a comment on how to get the proper OpenSSL
requirements met from Google Play.

Are the Openssl libraries linked into the APK so all we have to do is
rebuild with QtCreator and re-upload to google play?

Or is there some other thing that we have to do to get around the
security hole in Openssl and get linked with a fixed version.

The problem as I see it is that Android has the OpenSSL libraries
already on the device and Qt just dynamically links to them.

So it would be incumbent on the device holder to update the operating
system to a newer ANdroid to get the latest and safeest openSSL libraries.

What are your comments because even though I thought THiago made the
comment, he corrected me and you made the "Upgrade and re-load to
google" comment.

And I am having a hard time understanding the moving pieces of that
statement.

Thanks,

Mark

--
No spell checkers were harmed during the creation of this message.