[Interest] Transparent QML Menu

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 21:33:14 CEST 2015

I meant a menu instead of tooltip. Sorry for any confusion there.

As for how to use it, this is unknown territory for me since i never used
the platform components. I'm guessing you use them since you talk about a
Menu which is part of QtQuick.Controls.
What you "probably" want is setting a different style for the menu
container which can be done with the MenuStyle {} component [1].

Here you "probably" want to modify the styleData.type: MenuItemType.Menu.
It would look somewhat like this:

MenuStyle {
  id: yourStyle
  styleData.type: MenuItemType.Menu
  frame: Window { ... }
}

Menu {
  style: yourStyle
}

This is a complete guess. I don't know if this would work for you. Others
can probably help you with more specific examples.

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-controls-styles-menustyle.html