[Interest] libjpeg vs. libjpeg-turbo/mozjpeg

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat May 23 10:23:18 CEST 2015

Hi,

Since Qt depends on libjpeg I thought I'd ask what experience members on here have in using one of the (supposedly?) ABI compatible alternatives, libjpeg-turbo or mozjpeg. There is discussion within MacPorts to replace libjpeg with one of those alternatives, and force all ports to comply (which would affect Qt if MacPorts is still used "stock" in preparing the binary installation packages for OS X). This venture is complicated by the fact that libjpeg has been at version 9 for a while now, which is *not* ABI compatible with the alternatives.

TIA,
R.