[Interest] QEvent problem

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 26 19:14:36 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-26 09:10, Berkay Elbir wrote:
> I want to mention an issue that I have faced. I have an event filter of a
> widget and when I press "Delete" button, event types coming to event Filter
> changes.
>
> [...] when I press "Delete" button, it sometimes [has the event type]
> KeyRelease instead of Shortcut then I press again, it [is Shortcut].

Do you have a QAction / QShortcut with the key sequence 'del'? Does the
behavior change based on what widget has focus? Or whether some other
widget is disabled or not?

My first guess is that there is a QShortcut somewhere that is set to
consume the delete key, that sometimes is "active" (enabled, and in
scope w.r.t. its context given the widget that has focus) and sometimes
is not, and that is what causes the difference you are seeing.

--
Matthew