[Interest] qmake: Test if environment variable is set.

Carel Combrink carel.combrink at gmail.com
Wed May 27 09:03:24 CEST 2015

Hi,

How do one test if an environmental variable is set from qmake?

I have searched a lot but can't get the code working. People and
documentation point to isEmpty() but that does not achieve the correct
result, see below:

My Code in my pro file:

isEmpty(TEST_1) {

    message(Test 1: Empty ($$TEST_1))

} else {

    message(Test 1: Not empty ($$TEST_1))

}

TEST_2=1

isEmpty(TEST_2) {

    message(Test 2: Empty ($$TEST_2))

} else {

    message(Test 2: Not empty ($$TEST_2))

}

TEST_3=$(FOO)

isEmpty(TEST_3) {

    message(Test 3: Empty ($$TEST_3))

} else {

    message(Test 3: Not empty ($$TEST_3))

}

TEST_4=$(PATH)

isEmpty(TEST_4) {

    message(Test 4: Empty ($$TEST_4))

} else {

    message(Test 4: Not empty ($$TEST_4))

}

TEST_5=

isEmpty(TEST_5) {

    message(Test 5: Empty ($$TEST_5))

} else {

    message(Test 5: Not empty ($$TEST_5))

}

And the output is:

Project MESSAGE: Test 1: Empty ()

Project MESSAGE: Test 2: Not empty (1)

Project MESSAGE: Test 3: Not empty ()

Project MESSAGE: Test 4: Not empty (/my/actual/path/)

Project MESSAGE: Test 5: Empty ()

So from this one can see that Test 3 does not give the required result.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is this intended behaviour?

How can I proceed to get the correct result?

Qt: 5.3.2

OS: Ubuntu 14.04 x64

Regards,