[Interest] QtQuick: Get information about module from which a custom QML item was loaded

Alex Leutgöb alex at v-play.net
Wed May 27 14:37:49 CEST 2015

Hi,

Is there a possibility to get information about the QML installed module from which a custom QML item was loaded? I'm particularly interested in the major and minor version of the QML import statement.

I saw that it's possible to read out the revision of a certain QML property, I would however need the information dynamically, e.g. when loading an item from

import QtQuick 2.0

Rectangle {
}

I would need the "2" and "0" as information from within my Rectangle QuickItem. An when loading it from "import QtQuick 2.1" I would need the "2" and "1".

Background: This would allow to implement plugins in a backwards-compatible way with different implementation details depending on the imported version, without the need of subclassing my item for every new version.

Many thanks for your input!