[Interest] Build Qt from source in 32bit (-platform macx-clang-32)

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Wed May 27 21:08:38 CEST 2015

Hi,

Maybe i’m repeating myself with this question. Sorry if I do.

I need to be able to compile a bundle in 32 bit mode. This bundle will be open by a 32 bit program otherwise it will fail to open.

I have compiled Qt from source with the following configure options:

configure -prefix /Users/nsantos/Qt/5.4/clang_32 -platform macx-clang-32 -commercial -release -nomake examples -nomake tools -nomake tests -opengl desktop -skip webkit -skip multimedia

However, the bundle that was built with this version of Qt, fails to open on a 32 bit program and succeeds in opening in the 64 bit version of the program.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Regards,

Nuno