[Interest] Build Qt from source in 32bit (-platform macx-clang-32)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu May 28 03:55:02 CEST 2015

On Wednesday May 27 2015 23:37:34 Nuno Santos wrote:
> Thanks Thiago
>
> I always delete the source folder and start with a new one when configuration changes drastically. I have built Qt from a clean source dir.
>
> Maybe something is missing in the configure line then?
>
> configure -prefix /Users/nsantos/Qt/5.4/clang_32 -platform macx-clang-32 -commercial -release -nomake examples -nomake tools -nomake tests -opengl desktop -skip webkit -skip multimedia
>
> Does anyone has a clue?

Hi,

I had some issues a while back trying to write a MacPorts "recipe" to create a universal 32+64 bit build. I cannot remember the details at the moment, but I managed to work around them by copying a corrected version of .qmake.stash to ${build.dir}/qtbase and ${build.dir} *before* running configure.

So have a look at the .qmake.stash files you have now after running configure, maybe that teaches you something.

R.