[Interest] Build Qt from source in 32bit (-platform macx-clang-32)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 29 19:26:58 CEST 2015

On Friday May 29 2015 17:51:58 Nuno Santos wrote:

Hi Nuno,

> The solution is to change the loading path of dependent QtFrameworks to something like this:
>
> install_name_tool -change /Users/nsantos/Qt/5.4/clang_32/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore @loader_path/../../../QtCore.Framework/Versions/5/QtCore drc.vst/Contents/Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/QtNetwork

I think that's what I told you: all shared libraries that you ship and that are to be loaded dynamically must agree on where each is to be found.

The only thing that you may be able to get away with is setting the id (the first line printed by otool -L, containing the library's own name) to something without a path at all, just the library name. I'm not sure though.

R.