[Interest] Bug when building Qt statically? Undefined symbols for architecture i386: "QTcpServerConnection::QTcpServerConnection()"

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Fri May 29 23:46:22 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have been faced with this problem on Windows and now I have the same problem on Mac OSX. This happens when I build Qt statically

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "QTcpServerConnection::QTcpServerConnection()", referenced from:
      QQmlDebugServerThread::run() in libQt5Qml.a(qqmldebugserver.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386

My quick workaround is to configure with QT_QML_NO_DEBUGGER

I haven’t dig deeper to understand the exact problem.

Should I report this as a bug?

Regards,

Nuno