[Interest] QtPlugins statically linked not loading

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Sat May 30 18:58:00 CEST 2015

Exactly Thiago!

Why isn't it able to locate the plugins then on other machines then?

Do I need anything else?

One curious fact. In this last couple of days I have been trying to deploy a plugin bundle of OSX with Qt frameworks bundled inside the plugin. I have given up when I realized plugins would be a trouble to load due to the paths. I have even tried to put a qt.conf file inside the resources.

Curiously, yesterday, I was already using the static compiled qt and the window never opened because it was complaining about the missing modules. I couldn't understand why.

Today, I remembered that I had the qt.conf on the resources. I have removed it and guess what. The window opened. It was able to find the modules. But that doesn't happen if I share the plugin bundle with someone else.

There is definitely a relation between this facts. I can assure you I'm linking the plugins statically an everything is being built with statically linked qt.

How can I go deeper? What is wrong here?

Thank you so much,

--
Nuno Santos