[Interest] How is QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR supposed to work?

Johan kungjohan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 09:56:19 CET 2015

I am using QT5.6 and trying to follow the instructions in
https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.6/highdpi.html to port an existing
application to be able to run on high dpi monitors on windows.

My target platform is Windows7 with custom DPI setting at 200%.

I have a qt.conf in my application folder containing the following:
[Platforms]
WindowsArguments = dpiawareness=0

I try to set QT_SCALE_FACTOR in my application main function with qputenv
and it scales my gui according to my set factor.

But when I try to use QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR and set it to 1 nothing
happens. Should not this equal setting QT_SCALE_FACTOR to 2 since I have
set Windows to display in 200%?

Any hints on how to debug this?

Best regards
Johan