[Interest] Encrypting mobile video as it is recorded

jhihn at gmx.com jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Nov 3 09:13:45 CET 2015

On Windows I am able to write a directshow filter and out it in the filter graph .
With C++/Qt,  I can write an  QIODevice and  manually use it.

But how do I hook the  QIODevice into the pipeline? I want to be able to encrypt the usual MP4 output with a cypher before it ever hits the  storage layer,  saving only the encrypted media on the device. (reading too.  But not needed to be compatible with other apps on the device)

What I'm looking for is something like setDeciveForProtocol("aes",  Factory<AESDevice>)  / getDeviceForUrl("aes:/some/file")  and have my QIODevice layered in appropriately.  (first in pipeline for read,  last for write)

How can I do this?

Android &  iOS.