[Interest] Adding OpenSSL Support to Android 6.0 - Provided instructions fail to build

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Tue Nov 3 17:45:07 CET 2015

My greatest problem right now is actually the “malformed archive” error when creating the lib:

/tmp/openssl/android-toolchain-arm/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ar  r ../libcrypto.a cryptlib.o mem.o mem_dbg.o cversion.o ex_data.o cpt_err.o ebcdic.o uid.o o_time.o o_str.o o_dir.o thr_id.o lock.o fips_ers.o o_init.o o_fips.o sec_mem.o armcap.o armv4cpuid.o
/tmp/openssl/android-toolchain-arm/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ar: ../libcrypto.a: Malformed archive

Can’t find a solution for this neither understand it.