[Interest] Adding OpenSSL Support to Android 6.0 - Provided instructions fail to build

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 17:45:56 CET 2015

Den 3 nov 2015 5:31 em skrev "Nuno Santos" <nunosantos at imaginando.pt>:

> I’m having issues compiling openssl on Mac OSX El Capitain.
>
> The following command always terminates with “Malformed archive”
>
> /tmp/openssl/android-toolchain-arm/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ar  r
../libcrypto.a cryptlib.o mem.o mem_dbg.o cversion.o ex_data.o cpt_err.o
ebcdic.o uid.o o_time.o o_str.o o_dir.o thr_id.o lock.o fips_ers.o o_init.o
o_fips.o sec_mem.o armcap.o armv4cpuid.o
> /tmp/openssl/android-toolchain-arm/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ar:
../libcrypto.a: Malformed archive

> Does anyone experienced this lately?

Are you sure that library was built for the right architecture?

Elvis

>> On 03 Nov 2015, at 15:51, Nuno Santos <nunosantos at imaginando.pt> wrote:
>>
>> You were right about the export.
>>
>> Using export CC and export AR does the trick, however it still doesn’t
find stdlib.h without passing
-I/Users/nsantos/android/ndk/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/include

>>> On 03 Nov 2015, at 13:35, Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have no experience with cross building, but just to make sure: Are
you exporting these variables? Otherwise configure/make will not pick them
up.