[Interest] Can QML model specify a range including negative numbers? For example -180 to +180 ?

Edward Sutton edward.sutton at subsite.com
Thu Nov 5 16:25:15 CET 2015

Never mind, the answer is TumblerStyle<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-controls-styles-tumblerstyle.html>.

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-controls-styles-qmlmodule.html

Is it possible to add column headers to a Qt 5.5  TumblerColumn<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumblercolumn.html>?

Degrees  Minutes Seconds

I need to learn how to compose a QML UI consisting of multiple components, text and other wise.

-Ed

[cid:59348E61-FA09-4C59-B6CD-A72D755BCBFE at ditchwitch.cmw.internal]

On Nov 5, 2015, at 9:14 AM, Edward Sutton <edward.sutton at subsite.com<mailto:edward.sutton at subsite.com>> wrote:

On Nov 5, 2015, at 8:34 AM, André Somers <andre at familiesomers.nl<mailto:andre at familiesomers.nl>> wrote:

Op 4-11-2015 om 18:27 schreef Edward Sutton:

<Mail Attachment.png>

I would set the number of items visible on the spinner columns to something higher than 3 for this application though. 5 or 7 would look nicer I think.

Good advice!  How do you configure number of items visible?

I am using Qt 5.5 commercial.  I cannot find a property that sounds like it controls the number of visible items on the wheel?

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumbler.html
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumblercolumn.html
Properties

  *   activeFocus<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumblercolumn.html#activeFocus-prop> : bool
  *   columnForeground<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumblercolumn.html#columnForeground-prop> : Component
  *   currentIndex<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumblercolumn.html#currentIndex-prop> : int
  *   delegate<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumblercolumn.html#delegate-prop> : Component
  *   highlight<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumblercolumn.html#highlight-prop> : Component
  *   model<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumblercolumn.html#model-prop> : var
  *   role<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumblercolumn.html#role-prop> : string
  *   visible<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumblercolumn.html#visible-prop> : bool
  *   width<http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-extras-tumblercolumn.html#width-prop> : real

With QML in general, I do not understand how you learn what QML component signals and properties are available on a component and what is configurable and what is not.

QML seems similar to Qt3D - you must read a lot of examples and do a lot of trial and error experimenting.  I must be missing something?

-Ed

André

This email and any files transmitted with it from The Charles Machine Works, Inc. are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Our company accepts no liability for the contents of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.