[Interest] Qt 5.5.1 Error when building dbus support

Paulo Caetano paulo.a.o.caetano at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 10:29:58 CET 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 3:25 PM,  <interest-request at qt-project.org> wrote:
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>

I'm replying to the digest, so if I do anything wrong, don't hesitate
to let me know :)

> The multiple definition error is not to be expected. We expect qmake to remove
> qdbusmarshaller.cpp and qdbusdemarshaller.cpp from the list of files to build
> because it sees the #include in qdbusargument.cpp. It's been working like that
> for almost 10 years, so there's something wrong with your qmake.

I suppose that should happen in this qmake invocation here, when
creating the Makefile, right?
------------- BEGIN
cd dbus/ && ( test -e Makefile ||
/mnt/Data/devel/source/qt/build.exp/qtbase/bin/qmake
/mnt/Data/devel/source/qt/qt5/qtbase/src/dbus/dbus.pro -o Makefile )
&& gmake -f Makefile
------------- END

I'll take a look at the qmake source, to figure out where this
detection/removal is happening.

> You're running into the same bug as QTBUG-46582, which has never been
> identified or fixed. I applied a workaround for the issue in that bug report
> which you may have to do.

OK, I'll try this, to see if it builds successfully.

> My guess is that the problem is related somehow to the path you've got Qt
> sources in or the build path.

If the workaround works, then I'll change the build dir (easier than
changing the source dir).

AFAICT, the safest way of changing the source dir is by cloning the
repo and running init-repository again in the new location, right?

I won't be able to get back to this before Monday, but I'll reply here
with a follow-up.

Thanks for your help.

Paulo Caetano
http://cidebycide.blogspot.pt/