[Interest] Why does a single Text item increase start-up time of QML application by 21 seconds?

Gunnar Roth gunnar.roth at gmx.de
Sun Nov 8 22:41:42 CET 2015

> Am 05.11.2015 um 08:46 schrieb Christian Nielsen <Christian.Nielsen at ivolve.com>:
>
> I guess you are on to something. But then why does my Qt Widget application start fast enough.
>
> Is there a way to make Qt Quick do text like Qt Widgets?

Try this:
renderType : enumeration
Override the default rendering type for this component.

Supported render types are:

Text.QtRendering - the default
Text.NativeRendering
Select Text.NativeRendering if you prefer text to look native on the target platform and do not require advanced features such as transformation of the text. Using such features in combination with the NativeRendering render type will lend poor and sometimes pixelated results.