[Interest] application appearance changing when laptop goes in saving energy mode

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Mon Nov 9 06:54:47 CET 2015

Hello

On Windows, some users are reporting that the application style (font?
palette?) is changing when laptop goes in energy saving mode, and
becomes more or less unreadable (white font on white background, etc). I
have seen that myself also a couple of times but I'm unable to reproduce
it.

When it occurs, putting the laptop back on power does not fix anything,
and the only way to get back the proper appearance is to restart the
application. If you start the application when in battery saving mode,
no problem. The application is widget-based (QMainWindow,
QGraphicalScene, QMenubar, etc), Qt is 5.5.1 but that was reported also
with previous Qt versions.

As I said this occurs only for a few users, and I cannot reproduce it.
Maybe it's connected with the laptop changing GPU, I don't know.

Does anyone knows what could possibly trigger this, and if I can catch
it somehow either to avoid it or reload style/palette/font/etc when it
occurs?

Thanks
Philippe Lelong