[Interest] Destructor appearing twice in the stack trace?

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Mon Nov 9 16:21:44 CET 2015

Dear all,

I am debugging an app which crashes when an object is being deleted. The
debuggers halt on a segmentation fault inside QObject destructor. The
object deletion was requested by a call to deleteLater()

Here is what I get in the stack trace:

0    QObject::~QObject    qobject.cpp    993    0x7ffff62c7580
1    RendererInterface::~RendererInterface    rendererinterface.cpp
119    0x60664f
2    RendererInterface::~RendererInterface    rendererinterface.cpp
137    0x60667e
3    qDeleteInEventHandler    qobject.cpp    4391    0x7ffff62d06e5

How is it possible to have the destructor twice in the stack?? At the
beginning I was thinking this was a GDB bug (GDB/MinGW under windows is
buggy) but I get the same result when compiling the app under linux.

Any idea how this can happen?

Thanks!

Etienne