[Interest] emulate windows 10 behaviour on a QT window

Nicolas Jäger jagernicolas at legtux.org
Tue Nov 10 22:57:30 CET 2015

Hi,
I have to use QT5 on windows 10 (both are not my choice...), I wrote an ui with QT, I have a
borderless window and I use a widget to make the window bar. I can move the window around the
screen by clicking and holding the mouse button on that widget.

Now, somebody asks me to emulate the same behaviour like usual windows do on MS Window 10, e.g.
when you got close of the top of the desktop, the window does an animation to fullscreen it.

I don't know how to do that, I'm not even sure I can do it. But I try to figure if there is a way
to do it with QT or if I can send some microsoft windows 10 event to force the behaviour.

I never wrote something for window neither for QT before, so it's quiet a challenge for me.

ps: not sure if the word emulate is a good choice

regards,
Nicolas Jäger