[Interest] emulate windows 10 behaviour on a QT window

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:46:42 CET 2015

On 2015-11-10 16:57, Nicolas Jäger wrote:
> I have to use QT5 on windows 10 (both are not my choice...), I wrote an ui with QT, I have a
> borderless window and I use a widget to make the window bar. I can move the window around the
> screen by clicking and holding the mouse button on that widget.
>
> Now, somebody asks me to emulate the same behaviour like usual windows do on MS Window 10, e.g.
> when you got close of the top of the desktop, the window does an animation to fullscreen it.
>
> I don't know how to do that, I'm not even sure I can do it. But I try to figure if there is a way
> to do it with QT or if I can send some microsoft windows 10 event to force the behaviour.

Why do you need to override the OS window management? That's going to
cause all sorts of trouble (like the above) on pretty much every
platform. (You'll have a very similar problem on many Linux setups, for
instance, and you probably have other issues, e.g. I suspect you're
missing translucency when moving your window.)

--
Matthew