[Interest] Qt5 and libressl

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 16:29:03 CET 2015

Hello,

Rebuilding Qt 5.5.0 with libressl 2.2.4 installed instead of openssl I got this error:

qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.5.0/qtbase/src/network/ssl/qsslcontext_openssl.cpp:347:33: error: ‘SSL_CTRL_SET_CURVES’ was not declared in this scope
                                 SSL_CTRL_SET_CURVES,
                                 ^
make[3]: *** [.obj/qsslcontext_openssl.o] Error 1

>From the looks of it, libressl emulates a recent enough openssl version to activate the code that refers to SSL_CTRL_SET_CURVES, but doesn't actually provide the token.

Is there an official position regarding building Qt 5 against libressl?

R.