[Interest] Putting a define with spaces in the .pro file?

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Fri Nov 13 15:33:06 CET 2015

> My recommendation would be to go in a different direction. The only time I do
> stuff like this is when I add 3rd party code into my build trees.
> If this is your situation, then you probably have to do it.

I'm starting to lean in this direction. One additional problem I'm seeing with this approach is that if I've built my application, and then change the string in .pro file it doesn't trigger a rebuild of the appropriate .cpp files that depend on that define. But if I take your suggestion and put the defines in a .h file, then included that .h in the relevant .cpp I'll get the dependency to trigger a recompile to pick up the change.

Out of curiosity, is there an actual solution to get my example to work? I've tried different combinations of escaping characters, but either it just won't work, or I haven't tried the correct combination yet...

Sean