[Interest] Assistant's documentation list is reset when reinstalling Qt?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 22:00:25 CET 2015

Hi,

Here's something that's been bugging me: Each time I install or reinstall Qt4 or
Qt5 (Linux style "system-style" install, e.g. through under Linux or through
MacPorts) the documentation list available in the Assistant is reset.

That's a user-specific setting AFAIK; I can still imagine that it gets reset if
its format of filename is linked to the Qt version. But not when you reinstall
the same Qt version.

So why does this happen, and what can be done to prevent it?

R.