[Interest] Qt5 and libressl

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sat Nov 14 01:49:16 CET 2015

On Friday 13 November 2015, René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Richard Moore wrote:
> > On 12 November 2015 at 20:14, Diego Iastrubni <diegoiast at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> So... the official statement from Qt is that elliptic curves is a ...
> >> "safe" encryption to be used in the wild...?
> >
> > ​We provide facilities that let you choose which ciphersuites are
> > enabled. We also support plain text. ​
>
> A question that came up in a parallel discussion: why does Qt still support
> SSL2 and SSL3, or why aren't the respective OPENSSL_NO_SSL* tokens defined
> by default?

Because those are defined by OpenSSL and not Qt? If you use an OpenSSL where
they are not defined Qt will still not used SSL2 or SSL3 by default unless you
force it. If you build with OpenSSL without (which is the most common), you
can't even force Qt to use it, but it still doesn't change the default.

`Allan