[Interest] [qt-5.6 windows] I can't play video using MediaPlayer

Liang Jian jianliang79 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 14:09:28 CET 2015

    I build qt-5.6 from git using the following commands:

configure -debug-and-release -platform win32-msvc2013 -opensource
-confirm-license -nomake examples -nomake tests -opengl desktop -mp -skip
qt3d -skip qtlocation -skip qtwebengine
nmake

    I can't playback video using MediaPlayer, the error message says:
    DirectShowPlayerService::doRender: Unresolved error code 80040266
    It seems that now qt will now use DirectShow as the multimedia backend
(it use AVFoundation in the past)
    What is wrong with my build command?
    BTW: I built qt under windows 10 x64, msvc 2013