[Interest] subclassed QTimer

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Nov 17 20:17:45 CET 2015

On Tuesday 17 November 2015 16:54:41 Daniel França wrote:
> If the QTimer works in a different way than QML Timer type.
> The QML Timer syncs with the animation timer, this is synced with the
> screen refresh:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22752201/qml-timer-not-triggered-in-the-r
> ight-interval

The QML "Timer" object is implemented by QQmlTimer and that does not use
QTimer. So it is subject to the whims of the animation.

Note that the QML class does not have a way to change the timer type.

> You can see other people with similar problems and the same fix:
> https://forum.qt.io/topic/43602/qtimer-is-slow-on-mac-if-application-is-runn
> ing-in-background
> https://github.com/codelol/QtTimer/commit/cef130b7ad27c9ab18e03c15710ace942
> 381c82a#commitcomment-10696869

The first link says setting the timer type does not affect the result. The
second one contradicts the first.

So I'm guessing the second one is wrong.