[Interest] [qt-Android] MediaPlayer freeze UI when playing a remote video

Liang Jian jianliang79 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 02:39:01 CET 2015

    When network is not good, MediaPlayer will freeze UI when playing a
remote video under android. After I set a video url to MediaPlayer, it
seems that it will fetch meta-data of the video first, and if the network
is not good, it will freeze UI for a very long time.
    A very similar problem which is related to Audio quick element has been
reported in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-46491.
    This has become a very common issue for our app, since once our app
published a video to the internet, we will use CDN to speed up video
playback
from network, suppose at the first time a person in a area (I mean a CDN
node)
watch a video, CDN will fetch the whole content of the video from the
original
website to the current CDN node, this usually takes 10-20s (or even more),
that to say our android app will freeze the UI for 10-20s or even more time!
A bug report has been submitted long time ago:
    This issue only happen under android, it will not happen under Windows
or iOS.
    Any suggestion to workaround this issue? thanks.