[Interest] android.app.background_running

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Fri Nov 20 17:34:46 CET 2015

I came across this in the default AndroidManifest.xml generated by Qt:
<!-- Warning: changing this value to true may cause unexpected crashes if the  application still try to draw after "applicationStateChanged(Qt::ApplicationSuspended)" signal is sent! -->

I am wondering what this means for a QML app on Android?

I do have a function in the application where I would like background upload activities to continue, potentially updating a completion bar. But I am not aware of any drawing that would happen after suspension. I would hope that the signal would not occur during the upload?

Thanks