[Interest] qmake's visual studio generator does not handle recursive subdir templates

alexander golks alex at golks.de
Tue Nov 24 07:48:39 CET 2015

Am Mon, 23 Nov 2015 21:24:35 +0100
schrieb Roland Winklmeier <roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com>:

> Hi Scott
>
> > Are you running qmake with -recursive?
>
> yes I do. All projects in the subfolders are generated, but as new
> standalone solutions (*.sln) instead of projects (*.vcxproj). So instead
> of a project tree in Visual Studio I have several single Visual Studio
> Solutions.
>
> Apparently the qmake msvc generator automatically turns every subdirs
> template into its own solution.

hi,

i am working with vs2010 and subdirs, and for me its working.
do you have the template specified in front of each pro file?
e.g.

  # project.pro
  TEMPLATE=subdirs
  SUBDIRS += lib1 lib2 plugins

and

  # lib1.pro
  TEMPLATE=app
  include("lib1.pri")

i am not sure if this still matters, but we name the pro files exactly like the
directory name when using subdirs template. your lib1 subdir should have a
lib1.pro. perhaps this matters here, too.

i get sln files for the sub-sub-dirs, too. but the main project.sln
includes the correct vcxproj files nevertheless, which i can open.

alex

--
/*
 *  printk(KERN_EMERG "This is not a software problem!\n");