[Interest] Constructor of QPrinter takes 25-50 seconds to execute

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Wed Nov 25 18:32:49 CET 2015

> I am wondering if this problem can happen again. What can possibly cause
> QPrinter constructor to get stuck for such a long time?

For me Qt was scanning the network, building up the list of
available printers. On a campus of 6 buildings and umpteen printers,
that took a noticeable amount of time. But, I think was only once
per run of the app. That was also on older releases. I use 4.8.7
and I think that has been fixed. If you are using a newer version
it would not surprise me if the problem has returned.