[Interest] Any plans to bring back/provide a replacement for GestureArea

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at theqtcompany.com
Mon Nov 30 08:47:28 CET 2015

On Nov 27, 2015, at 10:46, Peter Klosowski <kloffy at gmail.com<mailto:kloffy at gmail.com>> wrote:

While each of those components provides some of the functionality that I need, they are not as well suited as GestureArea. This is due to the fact that I want to support multiple gestures on a custom QQuickItem: tap, tapAndHold, pan (one finger drag), pinch (two finger drag). This is rather cumbersome with the current components, whereas it sould be trivial with GestureArea. In addition to that, while I don't currently make use if it, GestureArea provides the ability to use custom gesture recognizers, which I believe none of the 3 current components support.

Have you looked at the photosurface example?  It doesn’t do the tap-and-hold part, but that wouldn’t be too hard to add.  Single-finger pan in that example depends on touching the background rather than any of the photo objects.

I think MouseArea, PinchArea and MultiPointTouchArea are very useful, but they are not really a good replacement for GestureArea.

Best regards,
kloffy