[Interest] qt5: building a selection of components NOT including qtbase

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 2 23:54:27 CEST 2015

On Friday 02 October 2015 23:03:26 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to build qtbase in a separate "base" package, and the remaining
> modules that are of interest to me in a single go. Building the base
> package is not a problem, but my hope that I could just use qmake qt.pro
> after removing qtbase turned out to be vain.
>
> Would I have to construct my own "meta" .pro file, is there something that
> can be done about qt.pro to make this possible, or am I going to be obliged
> to build and install each individual component?

Building each one individually after qtbase or making one meta .pro file that
has each of the other modules as a subdir are the exactly the same solution.
You can also write a shell script.

But modifying qt.pro is not an option. That one is supposed to keep the
dependencies correct and everything depends on qtbase.

If you really want to support that, simply replace your qtbase/qtbase.pro with

TEMPLATE = aux