[Interest] Qml Tooltips

Jérôme Godbout jerome at bodycad.com
Wed Oct 7 18:04:02 CEST 2015

Hi,
Anybody have a good way to create floating tooltips above all items. I have
some problem to make the tooltips part of an encapsulated Component appear
behind parent sibling (and other parent of parent, ...). I have to adjust
the Z manually and dynamicaly to end up with the proper results.

Maybe a shader could do the trick by making the blending and force the
distance to camera? I have look inside the Qt Controls, they use the
QWidget to solve that and I would ratter not poke private api to make a
tooltips.

Would really have been nice to have a real Z that control depth of GL
rendering for case like this.

I was wondering is there a way to create layer inside Qml? I was beginning
to want a few layer (floating items, normal).

Thanks,
Jerome